You are like a human humming bird, everything you do is fast. You are just as dangerous out of a fight as in one thanks to your quick thinking and reflexes. The one downside to having such increadible speed is that you are pretty frail
- Fight with Speed: When you enter a fight, roll+CON. On a 10+, hold 3 speed. On a 7-9, hold 2 speed. On a miss, hold 1 speed anyway, but your enemies already have the drop on you. Spend a speed during the fight to achieve one of the following effects:
- Block a blow meant for you or someone else (you take half damage).
- Break free from bonds or other confinement.
- Cross the distance between yourself and a foe, bypassing all obstacles.
- Deal your damage to a foe within reach.
- Leap over or across a physical obstacle. You lose any remaining speed once the fight is over.
- Con Artist: When you evaluate a potential victim, roll+INT. On a 10+, ask their player three questions from the list below. On a 7-9, ask one:
- How could I engage you in conversation?
- How much are you worth?
- What are your current intentions?
- What do you value? On a miss, you look suspicious.
WHEN YOU GAIN A LEVEL FROM 2-5, YOU MAY CHOOSE FROM THESE MOVES:
- On the Move: When you defy a danger caused by movement (maybe falling off a narrow bridge or rushing past an armed guard), take +1.
- Arrows In Hand: When you block or dodge a missile attack, roll+DEX. On a 10+, you snatch the missile out of the air and it deals no damage. On a 7-9, choose one
- You avoid the attack completely.
- You snatch the missile out of the air and take half damage.
- Bamboozle: When you parley with someone, on a hit, you also take +1 forward with them.
- Upsell: If you repackage or modify goods you own in order to resell them, they are now worth one-and-a-half times as much as before. Note that doing this with money is called “counterfeiting” and is everywhere banned by law.
- Blurry Punches: You hit the target repeatedly choose 1:
- Deal 1d6 damage.
- Disarm the enemy.
- Deal 1d4 damage and trip enemy.
WHEN YOU GAIN A LEVEL FROM 6-10, YOU MAY CHOOSE FROM THESE MOVES AS WELL AS THE LEVEL 2-5 MOVES:
- Con: [Replaces: Bamboozle] When you parley with someone, on a hit, you also take +1 forward with them and get to ask their player one question which they must answer truthfully.
- Snake Oil: When you give someone a thing that you have tampered with, roll+INT. On a hit, you may choose one, but on a 7-9, there are strings attached or complications:
- The thing comes with some sort of unpleasant side effects (describe them).
- The thing is ruined as soon as you are gone.
- The thing returns to you within the week.
- Glorious Speed: [Requires: Fight with Speed] When you fight with speed, hold an extra speed, even on a miss.
- Superior Technique: [Requires: Fight with Speed] Add these to the list of deeds you can spend a speed to perform:
- Break through a physical obstacle.
- Deal your damage to a foe within sight.
- Grab an item within reach. Now it is yours.
- Invisible Punches: [replaces blurry punches] You hit the target repeatedly choose 1:
- Dealing +1d10 damage.
- Disarm the enemy and deal 1d6 damage.
- Trip enemy and deal +1d8.
Black text moves come from the Class Warfare book by Johnstone Metzger (and could even come from another source as well) or have minor variations
Red text moves are moves that are either completely unique or inspired by other moves but not simply a translation