You are a stealthy and fast melee character. You take the traditional role of assassin thanks to your excellent stealth and reflexes.
- Stay out of the Light: When you hide in the shadows or darkness, you cannot be detected by any normal means until you reveal yourself.
- Cat Reflexes: You are in no danger from 50ft drops or less and always land on your feet.
WHEN YOU GAIN A LEVEL FROM 2-5, YOU MAY CHOOSE FROM THESE MOVES:
- Back-stab: When you attack a surprised or defenseless enemy with a melee weapon, you can choose to deal your damage or roll+DEX. On a 10+, choose two. On a 7-9, choose one:
- Their armour is reduced by 1 until they repair it.
- You create an advantage that gives +1 forward to you or an ally acting on it.
- You deal your damage +1d6.
- You don’t get into a fight with them.
- Slashing claws: When you attack someone within melee range, roll+DEX. On a 10+, choose two. On a 7-9, choose one:
- deal +1d4 damage
- blind enemy.
- Following: When you follow or shadow someone, roll+DEX. On a 10+, you find out exactly what they’re up to without arousing suspicion. On a 7-9, it’s either an impression of their doings or you can reveal yourself to learn more.
- Like a Ghost: When you roll for another move that you want to perform in a clandestine manner, you may choose options equal to your DEX or less (but not fewer than none), and then tell the other players:
- …how you draw attention elsewhere instead of to you.
- …how you stay out of sight.
- …that you remain silent.
- …why you leave no trace behind.
On a 10+, all that you say is true. On a 7-9, the GM chooses one of your statements to be false, the others are true. On a miss, no guarantees.
WHEN YOU GAIN A LEVEL FROM 6-10, YOU MAY CHOOSE FROM THESE MOVES AS WELL AS THE LEVEL 2-5 MOVES:
- Dirty Fighter: (requires: Back-stab) When using a precise or hand weapon, your backstab deals an extra +1d8 damage and all other attacks deal +1d4 damage.
- Escape Route: When you’re in too deep and need a way out, name your escape route and roll+DEX. On a 10+, you’re gone. On a 7-9, you can stay or go, but if you go it costs you: leave something behind or take something with you, the GM will tell you what.
- Fade Away: (requires: Stay Out of the Light) When you stay still or act meek and unobtrusive, even in broad daylight, people only notice you if they are looking for you specifically
- Jungle Pounce: Knock down an enemy near you and deal 1d10 damage, if it gets up while you are next to it deal another 1d6 damage
Black text moves come from the Class Warfare book by Johnstone Metzger (and could even come from another source as well) or have minor variations
Red text moves are moves that are either completely unique or inspired by other moves but not simply a translation