You are an organic machine hybrid that is very strong but has a battery that can malfunction. This role is a tank, taking more damage than it gives but still dishing it out.
- Bend Bars, Lift Gate : When you use pure strength to destroy an inanimate obstacle, roll+STR. On a 10+, choose three. On a 7-9, choose two:
- It doesn’t make an inordinate amount of noise.
- It doesn’t take a very long time.
- Nothing you value is damaged.
- You can fix the thing again without a lot of effort.
- Mother of Invention: When you build a machine, the GM will name one requirement for each function the machine will perform:
- It will take a long time.
- You need help or someone else’s expertise
- You need materials above and beyond what you have now.
- You need to build something else first.
- You need to take something else apart to build it.
- (MoI) Once you meet the requirements, roll+INT. On a hit, it works like you want it to, as far as the materials it is made out of can handle, but on a 7-9, there is also a flaw in your design. The GM will tell you what. On a miss, it doesn’t work the way you want it to.
- Radioactive Core: You don’t need to eat or drink. If a move tells you to mark off a ration just ignore it.
When you gain a level from 2-5, you may choose from these moves:
- Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken: When you prepare yourself to endure some hardship without fighting back, roll+CON. On a hit, you can either take half damage or you can completely ignore one other ill effect. On a 10+, you also defeat, expose, or frustrate your oppressor with your stubbornness.
- Mechanical Aptitude: You may study machines and mechanisms as if the were people. When you do, you may discern realities with INT instead of WIS
- Servo Hold: When you get your hands on someone, they become trapped and your next attack against them deals +1d4 damage
- Absorb Energy attacks and heal: When you defend against an energy attack you heal for half its damage
When you gain a level from 6-10, you may choose from these moves as well as the level 2-5 moves:
- Mechanical Genius (requires Mechanical Aptitude): You may study machines and mechanisms as if they were people. When you do , you may discern realities with INT instead of WIS. On a 12+, you may also ask three question you like, not limited to the list.
- Impervious Defender: When you defend, you always get +1 hold, even on a miss. On a 12+, instead of getting hold the nearest attacking creature is stymied giving you a clear advantage, the GM will describe it.
- Heist: When you take time to make a plan to steal something, name the thing you want to steal and ask the GM these question. When acting on the answers you and your allies take +1 forward.
- What’s the most powerful defense?
- Who else wants it?
- Who will come after it?
- Who will notice it’s missing?
- Hands Like a Vise (replaces Servo Hold): When you get your hands on someone, they become trapped and your next attack against them deals +1d8 damage
Black text moves come from the Class Warfare book by Johnstone Metzger (and could even come from another source as well) or have minor variations
Red text moves are moves that are either completely unique or inspired by other moves but not simply a translation